About Le Meridien Koh Samui Resort & Spa
Le Méridien Koh Samui Resort & Spa is an incredibly distinct luxury resort located on the east coast of Koh Samui along Lamai Beach. Its unique design and construction meticulously follows the sacred principles of Feng Shui and delicately balances the five elements of nature – wood, fire, earth, metal and water. The influences can be seen throughout the property, incorporated in the breathtaking entrance and through an impressive collection of antiques and traditional decorations. The Feng Shui elements combined with its seaside position creates an ethereal ambiance and encourages a sense of peace and harmony for you and your guests.
What we love:
- The resort is located in a very private stretch of beach with beautiful ocean views. Away from the hustle and bustle of Chaweng, this resort is also conveniently located only 20 minutes from the airport.
- The incredibly unique Ocean Pier is one-of-a-kind. The vast floating platform reaches out 224 metres from the shore and accommodates both ceremonies and receptions. It can be creatively decorated any number of ways, and is perfectly placed for a spectacular celebration surrounded by clear blue waters.
- Every evening, weather permitting, Le Méridien Samui hosts a sound and light show in their amazing lobby which begins with a traditional lantern ceremony, with thousands of tiny stars in the shallow pond fascinatingly illuminated using fibre optics. It concludes then with the lighting of traditional fire lanterns, given to each guest. This ritual encourages a connectedness between the resort and the guests, and even the guests themselves as you all cast your dreams over into the night skies.
- The guest suites and private villas at Le Méridien are luxurious and incorporate balanced Feng Shui principles. In particular we recommend the Beachfront Villas, where your views are embellished with limitless views that fade into the horizon and the morning sunrise.
- As part of the Le Méridien’s signature arrival experience, Le Méridien Koh Samui features “The Sampan’s Diary,” a beautiful custom artwork at its entrance. The multi-dimensional piece is a poem painted with Chinese characters on cobblestones which tells the story of a Chinese migrant’s journey to a faraway land.
- The sacred principles of Feng Shui have been applied throughout this resort from design to construction, offering a different experience for you and your guests.
Things you should know:
- To secure event space more than four (4) weeks prior to the your event, Le Méridien Koh Samui & Spa requests a minimum room night guarantee of ten (10) rooms per night, for a minimum three (3) consecutive nights at the quoted “group” rates before the availability of event space can be confirmed.
- Paper lanterns are not longer allowed in Koh Samui.
- Minimum of 10 people for food, drink and wedding package prices to be valid.
- The option to have a ceremony here and reception elsewhere is available. However The Ocean Pier ceremony location is exclusively reserved for Le Meridien guests only.
- Official legal ceremonies are allowed here.