About The Samaya Ubud – Bali
Enter the lush grounds of The Samaya Ubud and journey through a mystical bamboo tunnel where another world awaits. Nestled in the heart of Bali’s nature-filled interior, this resort is situated among tranquil rice fields and picturesque hillsides along the banks of the serene Ayung River. This hillside resort blends modern luxury with quaint old-world charm. A minimalist design complimented by lush gardens and the use of dark local woods, crafts an atmosphere that is elegant yet relaxing and low-key. Here you can unwind before and after your big day with a yoga class on the banks of the Ayung or a relaxing nature walk through the nearby rice fields. With any bit of luck, you may also catch a glimpse of the local Banjar villagers playing and bathing in the river’s cool waters, enriching your back-to-nature wedding experience here.
What we love:
- Unique choice of possessing the option of a wedding up high overlooking the tops or trees, as well as down along the banks of the Ayung River.
- The minimalist design concept using traditional Balinese materials, including bamboo and rich Balinese wood, crafts a warm and relaxing environment.
- A closer to nature experience where if you’re lucky, you’ll even get to see the local villagers still bathing and playing in the river as they have done for centuries before.
- Smaller boutique resort with only 19 villas, providing you extra privacy as well as a great opportunity to be able to book out the whole resort for only you and your guests.
- The bamboo tunnel coming from the main gate to entrance provides great picture opportunities.
- Enjoy a luxurious riverside spa before the wedding with the calming sounds of gracefully flowing water.
- Opportunities for biking, hiking, nature walks, and cultural visits allow you to totally immerse yourself in the beauty of your natural surroundings.
- Located less than an hour from the international airport.
Things you should know:
- A surcharge fee of CNY 1,459 will be imposed for wedding on Sunday or on Public Holidays.
- The Samaya also have another boutique property in the popular area of Seminyak, which allows you to get the best of both worlds – Ubud for nature and Seminyak for the bustling city-life.
- This property rests on a hill so we recommend using the complimentary buggy to get around the resort.