About InterContinental Koh Samui Resort
InterContinental Koh Samui Resort is a 22-acre luxury wonder in Koh Samui’s exclusive enclave of Taling Ngam. This private sanctuary is home to one of the best cliff-top views of the Gulf of Thailand and the beautiful sunset. Translating to “home on a beautiful cliff”, Baan Taling Ngam is perched upon tall limestone cliffs and descends gracefully onto tropical gardens and its own private beach. But don’t just take our word for it, New York Times’ best-selling book “1000 Places to See Before You Die” included this resort for its vast vistas across the “Five Islands”. So spoil yourself and your guests at this beautiful once-in-a-lifetime venue.
What we love:
- The spectacular panoramic views across the open ocean and the “Five Islands” is most striking against the setting sun. Best of all, you are able to enjoy these views too from almost every room, suite and villa.
- This resort offers the latest in luxury after undergoing a 10-month multimillion dollar renovation project in 2012. Renovations covered their luxury accommodation, swimming pools, private jetty and the spa, raised 120 meters above sea level.
- This property is extremely private with only a couple of small resorts/hotels besides it. It pretty much has the whole Baan Taling area to itself.
- The incredibly unique and breathtaking Air Bar has almost 300 degrees of ocean and mountain views and is one of our favourite locations. Designed to take full advantage of its position high up on the cliff – it is a must see.
- It is a vast property with amazing venue options for weddings, be it cliff-top, beach or garden.
- The 150-metre private pier stretching into the ocean against the setting sun is a wonderful wedding photo opportunity.
- Awarded “Asia’s Leading Luxury Resort”, “Asia’s Leading Honeymoon Resort” and “Thailand’s Leading Resort” in the World Travel Awards 2013.
Things you should know:
- To hold a wedding at Intercontinental Samui, 20% of the guests will need to stay at the resort on the wedding night or minimum 15 room nights during the period of stay.
- Special group rates for bookings of more than 10 rooms.
- Official legal ceremonies are allowed here, but this must be organised separately from the resort.